• general_photos_3_20110910_1998253165

    general_photos_3_20110910_1998253165

  • 2005_day_1_12_20110910_1604307063

    2005_day_1_12_20110910_1604307063

  • march_2009_3_20110910_1643772257

    march_2009_3_20110910_1643772257

  • new_members_party_25_20110910_1287628408

    new_members_party_25_20110910_1287628408

  • 2005_day_1_10_20110910_1313678415

    2005_day_1_10_20110910_1313678415

  • chess_for_kids_-_teens_15_20110910_1539734443

    chess_for_kids_-_teens_15_20110910_1539734443

  • 2005_day_1_1_20110910_1354893354

    2005_day_1_1_20110910_1354893354

  • 2005_day_1_11_20110910_1969495763

    2005_day_1_11_20110910_1969495763

  • new_members_party_45_20110910_1791171461

    new_members_party_45_20110910_1791171461

  • photo01

    photo01

  • Karen Brack and Cindy Telisak

    Karen Brack and Cindy Telisak

  • mine3

    mine3

  • photo4

    photo4

  • ralf

    ralf

  • 100_8868

    100_8868

  • 100_9036

    100_9036

  • 644

    644

  • 20140503_215818

    20140503_215818

  • arnold_dim_scholiarship

    arnold_dim_scholiarship

  • crowd_angle_2

    crowd_angle_2

  • DSC6334

    DSC6334

  • IMG_1618

    IMG_1618

  • IMG_1633

    IMG_1633

  • IMG_1645

    IMG_1645

  • IMG_1725

    IMG_1725

  • IMG_1751

    IMG_1751

  • IMG_2020

    IMG_2020

  • IMG_2033

    IMG_2033

  • IMG_2060

    IMG_2060

  • IMG_3140

    IMG_3140

  • IMG_20140719_202015145

    IMG_20140719_202015145

August 15, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes

North Texas Mensa

A Local Group of

American Mensa Ltd.

A Not-for-Profit Corporation

Meeting called to order at 6:07 pm by President George Schmidt.  Attendees included: President George Schmidt, Vice President Aaron Adair, Treasurer Roger Durham, Secretary Anne Whiteman, Board Members at Large: Cathy Allshouse and Jennifer Green (late due to traffic issues).  Present by Zoom:  Board Member at Large:  Jessica Helphrey.

  • Reports

Secretary – Whiteman – The proposed July 2021 Board Meeting Minutes were circulated electronically.  Durham moved, Adair seconded to approve the minutes as presented, which passed unanimously. 

Treasurer – Durham – The July 31 bank account balance was $20,786.16 together with a note receivable of $10,000.00, showing a decrease in net worth to $30,786.16, compared to net worth of $31.857.99 on June 30.  Income of $1,034.27 and expenses of $2,106.10 generated a net deficit of $1,071.83 for the month of July 2021, almost entirely due to postage reimbursement of $400 and a postage deposit of $600, both for mailing the M-AURA, which should take us to the end of the year.

President – President Schmidt prepared the following agenda of topics to discuss:

  • Nominating Committee Report – from Bill Rock
    • We have identified one person for each role, and started open nomination.
  • Election Committee Report – from Eric “Gunny” Hartman
    • The 2021 Election Code for 2022 officers has been finalized and the relevant sections have been submitted to the editor for inclusion in the M-Aura.
    • The election committee is comprised of the following: Gunny Hartman, Andy McKeller, and Eric Hartman, Jr.
    • To conform with the bylaws, the following will need to take place: (1) The November general meeting will need to be moved to November 14, since the ballot counting must occur no later than November 20, such that a November 21 election would not work. The board will need to do this and would probably want to opt to have the board meeting moved to November 14 as well, instead of the traditional third Sunday of the month. (2) The November M-Aura, which contains the ballot, will need to be mailed no later than October 30, to ensure the ballots are mailed 15 days prior to the deadline for submission via the post, which is November 14 at 5PM.  I will be in communication with Bill Rock and Val Beasley to try our best to ensure that occurs.  Durham moved that we move the General and Board meeting to Sunday, November 14; Allshouse seconded the motion.  The board unanimously approved.
  • Next Board Meeting: September 19, 2021

Membership – Paul Whiteman – provided the following report:

  • As of July 31st, NTM had 1,112 members, which includes 12 new members: 5 joined, and 7 lapsed members rejoined.
  • Ralf and Pam Kittenbacher seemed agreeable to hosting an NTM New Member Party in early October, so we will be checking in with them to determine a date.

Ombudsman - Randy Brack – Nothing to report.

(Helphrey) Scholarship Chair – Jessica Helphrey – Nothing to report.

(Helphrey) Publisher/Circulation Manager – Val Beasley – Nothing reported.

(Helphrey) Social and Communications – Jessica Helphrey – no Millenial Meet-up planned for August and September.

(Helphrey) Publicity – Vacant.

(Allshouse) Webmaster – Andy McKellar – Good news (i.e., no news): everything is current and working correctly, so far as Andy can tell.

(Allshouse) Testing Coordinator – Deborah Lockhart – No testing recently.  National requested a pause in testing due to the Covid numbers going up.

(Allshouse) Programs – Cathy Allshouse – Special Interest Group check-in will be held for the September General Meeting.

(Allshouse) Calendar - Sara Hawkins – All is running well with the calendar.

(Green) Gifted Youth - Bill Rock – August was online gaming – 6 people attended.  Movie night in September.

(Green) S.I.G.H.T. - Gunny Hartman – S.I.G.H.T. – Some of our members may be aware, but if not, one may register on the American Mensa website as a “host” or “guest” as part of the S.I.G.H.T. program (Service of Information, Guidance, and Hospitality to Travelers).  That enables one to welcome or stay with fellow Mensans.  Check out the following webpage for such registration and/or to learn more:  https://www.us.mensa.org/connect/sight/ .

(Green) Editor – Bill Rock – No report.

Old Business:  

  • 2021 RG –
    • Durham had checked with the Quorum Marriott. At first, the Marriott staff were enthusiastic; but then he didn’t get a response for several weeks.  The sales manager finally contacted him. 
    • Adair sent an inquiry 2-1/2 weeks ago to the Dallas Conventions Bureau, to find out other hotels that may be able to suit our needs. Has not gotten a response yet.
    • Double Tree Hilton and Express Suites are potential options.

New Business:

  • Fall New Member Party – Whiteman will check with Ralf & Pam Kittenbacher to find out the date they are willing to host.

 Motion to adjourn made by Whiteman, seconded by Adair, and passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 6:28 pm.  Submitted as Board Proceedings pending approval as Minutes by Whiteman, NTM Secretary.